Sorry for the horrendous search keyword-driven title, but I’ve been trying to get this to work for ages.
Here’s a step by step guide, along with some potential pitfalls.
1) Download TortoiseHg. I used 0.9.1.1. with Mercurial 1.4.1. Do not use the windows Mercurial command line only distribution – we’ll need to modify a zip file later and for some reason the zip file with the command line distribution cannot be modified with either WinRar, Winzip or 7-zip.
2) Install TortoiseHg as usual.
3) Download dulwich 0.4.0.
4) Add the directory called ‘dulwich’ inside the dulwich download (the one with the file __init__.py in it) to the library.zip file in the TortoiseHg folder (normally just C: \Program Files\TortoiseHg) using your favorite zip utility.
5) Download the tip of an up to date hg-git fork. I used http://bitbucket.org/gwik/hg-git/.
6) Put the hg-git directory in the TortoiseHg directory.
7) Add the following lines to your Mercurial.ini file:
hggit = C:\Program Files\TortoiseHg\hg-git\hggit
That’s it. I finally managed to clone the ClojureClr repository with the above install:
> hg clone git://github.com/richhickey/clojure-clr.git destination directory: clojure-clr.git importing Hg objects into Git Counting objects: 4001, done. Compressing objects: 100% (1816/1816), done. Total 4001 (delta 3153), reused 2774 (delta 2148) importing Git objects into Hg at: 0/307 at: 100/307 at: 200/307 at: 300/307 updating to branch default 313 files updated, 0 files merged, 0 files removed, 0 files unresolved
And with this we’re back to functional programming languages ;)
I didn’t test this any further.
|Share this post :|